Council members include MI’s Raphael Hofstein and MI Board Chair Dr. Robert Bell
On November 20, the Government of Ontario launched the Ontario Health Innovation Council to support health innovation in Ontario. Dr. Raphael Hofstein, president and CEO of MaRS Innovation, was named to the council.
By becoming a member of the Council, Hofstein will assist in identifying evidence-based opportunities in Ontario’s healthcare space and advancing them into practice on a global scale.
As stated in the initial press release, the council’s other goals will be to:
- Improve health, health care and well-being in Ontario
- Spur innovation that lowers health care costs
- Increase quality of patient care
- Stimulate the environment needed for job creation in this sector
- Attract the best and brightest researchers and entrepreneurs to Ontario
Dr. Robert Bell, president and CEO of University Health Network and chairman of the MaRS Innovation Board of Directors, was also named to the council.
By Kailee Travis, writer and communications assistant