The Medical Sciences Proof-of-Principle (MSc PoP) program, administered by Ontario Centres of Excellence on behalf of Ontario’s Ministry of Research & Innovation, is a province-wide initiative for which MaRS Innovation accepts applications from our 15 member institutions.
MaRS Innovation is currently recruiting applications for the
July 30, 2015 August 27, 2015 (2 pm) deadline; for submissions to be considered via MI, paperwork must be in byAugust 24, 2015 (4 pm).
We’ve also learned there will be a second call for MScPoP applications in January 2016 after the current round has closed. The third and final call for applications is scheduled for September 2016. All programs will be run using the same criteria (see below).
To apply within the MaRS Innovation member community:
- Applicants and/or start-ups can apply for up to $70,000 per project and must have a cash match from a new industry partner.
- Detailed guidelines for the MSc PoP program are posted on OCE’s website, where you can also download the proposal questions.
- MI member institution applications must be submitted through Jackie Terry, the PoP program administrator, by July 30, 2015.
- After being pre-screened by an external review panel, MaRS Innovation will formally submit applications on behalf of our member institutions and their start-up companies through OCE’s online application system.
- Selected applicants will be invited for in-person presentations to the External Review Panel who will make a recommendation to the OCE Internal Review Panel for funding decisions.
Researchers within MaRS Innovation members should direct any questions about the PoP process should be directed to Jackie Terry.